Thursday, March 14, 2024

Nursing school

 It has been 12 years since I have worked or went to school. For several years I have wanted to either use my husband's G.I. Bill to go back to school or get a part time job. However, my son has autism and requires extra help on school work and such. Every semester I reevaluate if I should keep him in the school he's in or switch him back to traditional all day public school. So far it's always been his needs above my own.

I have major depressive disorder and tend to isolate myself a lot. Any stay at home parent knows that's easy to do. I had a wonderful friend I used to see often, but she just pcsd with her family recently. So now I really don't see anybody besides family. While I love my family, friends would be nice to have to.

My time in the NICU showed me just how much I need adult interaction. While not sleeping much is bad for my mental health, interacting with people is exactly what I need. All of the nurses were so wonderful to me it actually inspired me to become one. I plan to use my husband's G.I. bill to go back to nursing school starting either in the fall or next January. I have looked into school multiple times, but ultimately can never decide what to go back for. I feel like I have it figured out now. I will go to nursing school and use part of the G.I. Bill to pay for daycare on the days my mom can't keep my kids. I feel like I need this for me and my own well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very anxious, but good. Tools to cope with anxiety

 Lately I've been extremely anxious, but still doing good. I'm more anxious than I've ever been in my life, but doing as good as...